2000 Buick Century, Low coolant stays on. Is not over heating. How do I turn off low coolant light?

Asked by Dec 27, 2011 at 08:42 AM about the 2000 Buick Century Custom

2000 Buick Century, Low coolant stays on.  Is not over heating.  How do I turn off
low coolant light?

40

I suspect the low coolant sensor is defective. Just replace it! If you can't locate the one in your car, go to a parts store and ask them to show you what they look like - maybe buy it - find it in your vehicle (probably in the radiator) and install the new one. should fix the problem.

70

The light is not defective. Listen to me, You better get that checked dude, thats how i lost my buick. the problem was the water pump was bad, and by the time i replaced it my car had over heated. get ur water pump replaced, then seal any cracks with liquid glass. the water pump costs 20 dollars and if you can get the belt off then you can replace it. it takes a little effort but its about as easy as changing a tire. Beware if the problem persists that you may have water mixing with oil within your engine. your power will fail, and your engine will spew oil everywhere, and it will take atleast 2k to reseal the engine block. get on it asap.

240

OK I have the same problem , when I turn on my heat the temp gauge goes up, when I turn it off it goes back down , is there a way to to know if thermostat or sensor is gone with out replacing both?

150

Ok I have a question that needs answering. My 2000 Buick Century vibrates when I tap and hold the gas peddle but when I step down on the gas half way the vibrating goes away. Any ideas as to what is causing this problem? Please let me know, Mahalo.

150

Also. None of my windows are working. I've changed the front driver side and the rear passenger but nothing works. Do I need the main switch on the driver side door to make all the windows in my 2000 Buick Century work? Please let me know, Mahalo.

10

I think thermostat