my car will not stay started

Asked by Jan 08, 2013 at 12:15 AM about the 2006 Chrysler Sebring Touring

when i turn the key it will turn over but it will not start nothing is wrong with my battery

have you checked your altanator?

You said two things there nooknook...your car will not "stay" started then in the text of your question you say it will not start....get back to us please....meantime it could be a multitude of things that will cause a car to not start. Fuel getting to injectors? Try the old screwdriver in the spark plug wire trick....put phillips screwdriver in plug wire, ground the screwdriver on tip of spark plug, have somebody crank it over and see if you have a nice blue spark. Then come on back

85

I don't know a lot about cars, but am certainly learning some weird tricks since I got my 06 Sebring. Will tell you two that have worked for me when I experienced this prob. Hope it helps. First, the easiest, most obvious..are you using the original key? You can get an extra key made that will open the door/trunk, will even start the car for a sec, but it will soon die. Guess you need that little chip that comes in the original key to keep it running. If that's not your prob, have you added coolant recently? If you did, and didn't run the car for 20-30 min, it could have developed an air bubble, apparently Chryslers are famous for this. To fix, take cap off radiator, start car & let run til coolant bubbles out. Then refill, recap & drive around for a while. Hope one of these help, the Sebring can be Frustrating!

These cars have a chip key and whats called a skim reader if the key gets exposed to a demagnitizer (ie anti theft mats at walmart) the security in the does not recognize the key it will lock a out the starter,usually prior to this the car will develope a runability issue stalling, wont start, after 30min or so car will start and run fine a day or two. Ecm and or skim reader need replaced along w key. Contact your dealer as it can not be doe outside the dealer