PCM or #1 fuse keeps blowing.....

Asked by Oct 23, 2010 at 07:46 PM about the 1993 Chevrolet Corsica 4 Dr LT Sedan

My worker's car is blowing the fuse ( #1) consistently . At first I simply replaced the fuse and it was OK  then It blew again  and now when you pug one in it blows instantly. Unfortunately I do not have a wiring diagram for this car yet and I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on this. Also I have an OBDII scanner which I use for my Diesel truck would I be able  to read codes on  this car with it as well ? Thanks

485

If the PCM fuse is blown you wont be able to communicate will your scan tool at all, and the car wont run at all untill fix the problem. You most likely cause is a short somewhere. Wire be be worn/rusted thats shorting to ground somewhere blowing the fuse. Good idea to look at wireness and look for breakage or cracking.