2007 pontiac grand prix keys

Asked by Dec 18, 2010 at 03:27 PM about the 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GT

I bought this car used...got one key for it. My remote died and I went to use it in the door to unlock my car and it goes in the whole way...but does not turn. So key does not work in door. I also found that it doesnt work in glove box either...wont even go in glove box lock. Do the 2007 pontiac grand prix's have a seperate key for the glove box? I dont know if i need to have my door cylinder replaced, a new key cut for the vin....(maybe the starter was changed out and the key i have isnt the original key)...or what i should do. Anyone have any suggestions?

65

I recommend taking the remote and get it fixed. That would be the smarter alternative. But you can always give the VIN to a Chevrolet dealer and they can custom cut you a key, but you have to take the title showing proof of ownership

120

its possible that someone replaced the ignition and thats the only key you have. for the remote problem, check out keylessfix.com they will have the solution for that.

195

Before you go spending a lot of money why don't you try lubricating the door locxk,it is a common problem,everybody uses the remote so the lock cylinder eventually dries out from lack of use,use WD40 spray a lot in lock cylinder and work the key in and out to free up the lock wafers inside,if that does not work then you can spend the money to get it fixed.Also the remotes work on U.H.F radio signals try changing the battery first,after you have changed the battery you will have to syncronize the remote to reciever.Stand in front of your car and press the lock and unlock buttons at the same time until the car horn sounds or your headlights flash,it depends on how your anti theft device is configured. drdc

10

I have the same car and the same p roblem. I'm starting to think there junk. haha

It worked. Lots of WD40 in the lock cylinder and after 10 years of non use the key turned and unlocked the doors. Thank you. ED

I have an '08 Grand Prix, and mine has two seperate keys. One for the ignition & one for the doors. Cant say I like the setup tho.