I've never had a AC do this. Ever.

Jessica Ailts

Asked by Mar 23, 2016 at 04:02 PM about the 2007 Suzuki Forenza Base

So here is the deal. Please keep in mind, I know
nothing about cars. This is why I am coming to the
professionals. This morning in Florida it was cold (
to me) and I had the heat on. I get in the car and it
was 80+ degrees and I turn on the AC which I've
never had a issue with before other than it not
blowing very hard. I waited for it to get cold and it
didn't. 10 miles down the road still nothing. So out
of curiosity I switch the temperature setting from
blue to red and then back to blue. That's when the
heat kicked on and STAYED on even though it was
supposed to be cold.  After a long while, and me
switching the knob back and forth several times,
the air stopped being hot but still no AC. I then tried
to see if the knob that controls where the air comes
out was having a issue also. I turned it from front
facing to the vents by the windshield and back
again and I almost cried when the air flow stayed
towards the windshield no matter what setting I put
it on. It was like this the whole time home. No
matter what I did. I'm feeling very frustrated and
have no clue what the issue is other than it is
obviously something bigger than needing a
recharge. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you
in advance.

With all of the switching around you did could have but the system in default setting, that is when all the air is diverted to the windshield. Shut the car off and let it sit for while say about 5 minutes, then restart the engine and chose a setting, see if it works as it did before, if not then you will have to take it to someone that can trace out the system, it could be a servo that is just starting to fail.

Also even when you have your heat on (temp switch) you can still put it in an a/c mode. This helps clear humidity on windshields. Try to get someone who understands a/c explain it to you in more detail or look at the Manuel if you have one before u freak out...lol. it can b a bit frustrating all the different modes but today's systems work better than when I was a kid...ya just gotta learn them first.

Jessica Ailts

But the thing is that when I turned it this afternoon from hot to cold it was the same temperature coming out as it was outside . Then when I tried to turn it to hot just to see if that worked, it did. But the blazing heat wouldn't turn off once I put it back to cold once more. I then wanted to know if the other knobs were working correctly also, so I switched the function from the air coming out of the regular front vents to the windshield vents and it worked also. But when I tried to turn it back to the forward vents, the air would still only come from the windshield vents. The only knob that works correctly ( I think) is the knob to control the air speed, such as low medium high. So instead of having cold air blowing through the front facing vents, I ended up with very heated air coming through the windshield vents even though my knobs were not turned to that setting. Make sense? I know it is a lot of info and hard to follow.

Yes it makes sense, that is what a system does when it goes into default mode, all the air blows up front on the glass. I am hoping that it will reset itself when you shut it off and then work properly, if you switch modes too fast sometimes the control unit will get confused and go into default, but like I stated you may have something starting to fail, like a servo, or even an A/C compressor problem and the system is picking up on that and going into default to make you take notice. Does that clear it up?

Jessica Ailts

I have tried restarting my car and seeing if it would give me anything but thus far, nada. What's a servo?

Jessica Ailts

Also, is there any possibility that there is some sort of wire that may have gotten disconnected perhaps? Or any sort of fluid that I'm low on that could cause this. I'm freaked out. I just bought this car, I don't have a load of money to fix the AC at the moment. I'm praying for mercy right now.

A servo is a little motor that drive the blend doors in your heater system, depending on the type of system you have some are electric and some are vacuum. as far as something coming unplugged that is always a possibility, but it will take a professional to find it. Sorry

As a matter of curiosity did u just have someone work on your car in any matter? Could anyone have accidently done something to create this problem? Who told u bout the servo?

Jessica Ailts

@mikbek: I just got the car less than a week ago. When I got it, it didn't seem to have any issues. As for who told me about the servo, scroll up, tennisshoes said that could be the problem.

Jessica Ailts

The reason I wondering if the wiring someplace could be a issue is because there are wires under the dash that are in odd places. I don't know what any of them go to. I'm just worried that this is going to be a costly issue to find and fix and I don't have much money to spend.