My ac hasn't been working since fall of 2012 and now I am having trouble with starting my car in the morning and it will surge while driving.

Asked by May 16, 2013 at 10:35 PM about the 2006 Suzuki Forenza Base

This just starting happening April 14
2013, one week after I had my oil
Changed. It has 49,000 miles

25,325

I suspose you dont have a check engine light on? I would still recommend getting the computer scanned for any pending dtc's, if there are any it may help point you in the right direction.

24,095

I just do not understand how Suzuki can make great motorcycles, but truly suck when it comes to cars and SUV's. Lisa...you REALLY need to give some VERY serious thought into trading that Forenza in. There's a BIG reason why you don't see many on the road and you won't see any NEW ones either, since the Suzuki Kazashi sedan (their last attempt...I STILL remember those stupid commercials with that goofy guy saying "Kizzz-AHHH- SHEE"...OMG!) was overlooked by 99.9999% of car buyers. Suzuki made the smart move and discontinued ALL new car/SUV sales in the USA. Consumer Reports seems to have very little data on Owner Feedback, since the pages are all but blank..BUT here's what they have to say about it from a CR Road Test: The Forenza sedan debuted in 2005. Its many features might appear tempting, but it trails nicer cars in its class. The 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine is neither powerful nor fuel efficient. The Forenza corners reluctantly, inspiring little confidence. The ride is stiff and not well- controlled. Interior fit and finish is relatively good and the firm front seats offer good support. A hatchback joined the lineup for 2005. The Forenza received a poor rating in the IIHS side-crash test even with its standard side air bags. Discontinued after the 2008 model year.

Best Answer

The check engine light comes on and turns off after I start it and drive for a little bit. After I let it it sit for around ten minuets and start it a again the light is off. I have had it scanned and no codes are present in the computer. Not sure if that helps with any more info.

25,325

There is a code being set when the cel comes on. You will have to try to scan it when it sets. May be tricky but the cel wouldnt come on and not set a code. Sounds like it just clears itsself out after some driving

10

what problem your facing from my point of view is cold start... is ur coolant the right grade for the engine and did u mix different grades of coolant, it could also be a faulty thermostat its much easier to evaluate and diagnose it step by step a scan tool will give you a code but what can u really do with that code your best option is to have it checked out from from a Suzuki service center or a very reliable technician.

25,325

Coolant and thermostat have nothing to do with the vehicle starting what are you talking about?

10

the car starting in the morning with a cold start, not reaching operating temperature but works fine once started.

25,325

Coolant doesn't get to operating temperature until it runs for a while it will not affect starting operation neither will thermostat.

1,455

Does it surge after you first start it and as you drive it does it go away?