2000 Saturn sl1

Asked by Feb 18, 2014 at 03:54 PM about the 2000 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL1 Sedan

Okay I have a 2000 Saturn sl1 1.9l sohc
auto I want to put a dohc 1.9l and a manual
transmission I'm looking to have fun in my
Saturn not trying to make it a drag car but
maybe beat a few stock cars while still
getting some speed out what can do to my
car once I have installed that motor n
transmission in the car

1,535

Drive it.

4,015

buy a different car. it isn't worth the effort you will have to go through. and there is no aftermarket support for that car either.

1,535

^truth.

130

Why does everybody have to be so negative?? This person wants to do a mod and all you guys can do is talk badly about it.. I find it awesome that somebody wants to mod a car that nobody ever mods.. and there's no need to have aftermarket supporters when you can custom Ur own stuff that's why its called custom... Anymore these days people depend on bolt ons to gain horse power or looks... What happened to the customs cars?? Is nobody into that anymore?? Hey man idk who you are but good luck with that motor swap and keep us updated or at least me.. I would like to know how it worked out.. I'm about to purchase a 96 sc1 5speed so I might have to to some work to it! Be original bud!

1,535

The likelihood of the OP sticking with his desire to make a Saturn fast is slim to none. These cars are a pain in the ass to modify compared to other brands with an actual aftermarket. I dont recommend modifying these things unless you know what the hell you're doing. And this is coming from someone who is currently turbocharging their saturn and shooting for 300whp.

Swap the motors it isn't that big of a job u want the transmission too along with the pcm. Don't let these cars fool u they have potential to b fast with a low cost. Get a full air intake system full exhaust system with header aftermarket intake manifold and fuel system. That alone will bump u up roughly 170 hp or so which in that light car will scoot if u get more serious go in the engine buy forged parts n charge it like Alex is doing.