how to replace a 2000 saturn sl1 driver side window regulator - hand crank?

10

Asked by Oct 06, 2015 at 12:09 PM about the 2000 Saturn S-Series

I have a 2000 Saturn sl1. the driver side window regulator does not work, the hand crank handle spins - no action. how is the regulator replaced?

1,455

Hi yeah I replaced my 2001 Saturn SC 2 power window motor about a year ago and it was pretty easy you just replace the motor that sits on the regulator and controls the regulator but a window crank non powered window regulator I would imagine you would have to purchase the regulator assembly which is like basically a scissor type contraption that holds the window in place and then like an accordion it folds up and down the window I am pretty sure they sell those cuz on my 2002 Pontiac Firebird I replaced both the regulator and window motor as 1 assembly and it's fairly easy as long as you don't mess with the adjustments on the window just a use a C clamp and C clamp the window up at the top of where the window is at the fully up position you want to C clamp into the frame of the door and hold the window glass and then be able to unbolt the regulator and then put a new regulator in pretty sure that's how you do it check YouTube for answers to help you too good luck.

10

mine is a hand crank, need to know about replacing a hand crank regulator

1,455

Previously I gave you all the information I could I don't think there's a huge difference between a motor regulator and a non motor regulator it's just you don't have a motor on yours but it has the same kind of regulator which is the thing that holds the window the same for powered or non powered windows so all you have to do is buy the correct regulator and install it the way I said previously in the last post I put up good luck!