How much would a new transmission cost for a 95 saturn sl2? It's leaking transmission fliud and my grandpa said it needs to be replaced but others say it just needs a seal? its a 5 speed.

Asked by Jan 17, 2015 at 01:11 AM about the 1995 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

Fluid*

28,895

Where is it leaking from? I'd try and get a more detailed analysis of what's wrong with it before jumping the gun and buying a new transmission. Prices for a used tranny can vary a lot.

1,385

I would take your car to a mechanic sounds like they should open up your transmission look inside see if the gears are really worn replace the leaking seal and fill it up should be fine otherwise they look inside the transmission see that the gearing is worn out then you need a new one but yeah I wouldn't jump the gun either and buy a new get it diagnosed and serviced with the seal replaced I think that's a cheaper idea first before buying a new one.