HID Conversion

155

Asked by Jul 25, 2012 at 02:07 PM about the 1995 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

So I have been looking at HID lights for my car and was wondering if the 70 or 80 dollar kit, that comes with the converters and headlights, has the ability to do both high and low beams or if it is just one beam and i would have to get another kit?

7,275

better idea: save you money and put it towards you next car. theres no point in putting HID lights in a 95 saturn.

155

I want my car to be a sleeper... im gonna do it whether its stupid or not. Instead of criticizing my car, why not answer my question...

7,275

HIDs would be the opposite of sleeper... and im guessing youre going this route because you cant afford a different better car right now. youll do all these "upgrades" and still be unhappy. was just trying to help you out. sometimes saving sucks but its the better route. to answer your question...i dont actually know. ive never seen HIDs for that low of a price before.

155

I have money to get another car i just am saving most of it for college... im gonna put the LNF Turbocharged Ecotech motor from the cobalt ss into my car, itll be pushing 260 hp right when it leaves my lawn with no mods to the motor. Itll be a sleeper for sure... So yes i can get a new car or just work on the one i have now and when i get out of college buy something nicer.

1,515

Dont put HIDs in your turd unless youre going to drop 300 bucks into a full projector retrofit. Try not to be one of those guys who blinds everyone else on the road.

15

I have a set of eBay HID's in my 91' turd. They work great for the most part. Once in awhile, one of the burners won't light up properly. Just turn off and turn in again in a few seconds. If you're headlights are adjusted properly, you won't blind oncoming drivers.

1,515

sure, if your headlights are pointed directly at the ground they wont blind people. Ive had them in my car for a week for S&G. The light dispersion in 3rd gen headlights is not as bad as 2nd gen's, but its still no good. They throw light everywhere, hot spot, etc.

155

10k HIDs are in it now and they look great :)

1,515

hope youll like cops pulling you over for those. have fun.

65

I'm proud of my 02 SL1. Just need a stronger engine. The 100 hp is just eh but ppl underestimate Saturns. Better than Honda Civics in my opinion, just didn't get advertised. But nice engine Josh. Do you have any pictures?

155

This one has my saturn and my buddies honda, The blue is the light coming from my sub in the back.

155

You can kinda see the tail lights. I blacked them out with four coats of night shades.

1,515

oh damn, blacked out tail lights, and racing steelies. Youve got yourself one hell of a car, yo.

7,275

When people say "ricers" they are thinking of you.

1,515

^that.

65

No they mean the Foreign cars Chase.

1,515

Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt Any car, domestic or foreign can be called a ricer. A shitbox with a fart cannon, ground fx, tinted EVERYTHING, and especially those gay little LED strips around headlights makes your run of the mill ricer. You my friend have riced out your car.

1,515

such a shame that these wonderful comments keep disappearing.

65

It's not "riced out" I think it looks nice. I did it myself so I'm proud of it.. The only thing you ca tint are the lights and the windows... That doesn't count as EVERYTHING. I didn't mod the engine. It's just minor things.

155

Yea im not doing anything major, just little things that i like and i did it all myself. No mechanic other than me was involved in my mods. And it doesnt matter if you dont like it alex/chase because i like it. i think its clean looking and its only my opinion that matters.

1,515

Thats fine and dandy, but prepare for people to flame you guys for certain mods, especially on a turd. Also, when you get defensive, the reactions only get worse.

65

I don't think it's a turd... The car is perfectly fine. It might not be in a segment such as the Malibu in that same yr but its a good car.

1,515

Youre missing my clarification. All of the S-series are turds. Cheap, plastic workhorses. Good for daily beating, and not much more.

65

Alex is a joke.... I was just randomly searching and I ended back up here after 6 months... Wow

1,515

That means a lot coming from you, scooter.