why doesnt my tach work it was working then stop

Asked by Jul 09, 2017 at 10:06 PM about the 1994 Saturn S-Series 2 Dr SC2 Coupe

driving car 55mph stop at light  made turn went home cut off car got up next
mournin no tach

1,385

Hi Could be a fuse but more likely it might be that your cable that goes from the tachometer to somewhere in your engine has gotten loose or separated or something I'm not sure I don't think this vehicle is electronic where it has tachometer reading read through the cars PCM The Cars computer it should be mechanical and not electronic from inside the engine somewhere. It used to be located at the distributor for older cars it's a good question I'm not sure you'd have to find out where the cable or electrical wire is off maybe a harness to your PCM not sure if it's electronic or mechanical? Buts it's in in your engine you need to find out if it's loose or not or it's a fuse good luck!