When i get close to empty car wont start,I replace plugs then it starts.I have had to this 3 times why?

Asked by Nov 28, 2013 at 09:22 AM about the 2001 Saturn S-Series

Why do I have to replace plugs for this car to start if it get close to empty

116,585

When you take the plugs out how do they look? Could be a pocket of water or trash in bottom of tank that gets picked up when low on fuel. I would try adding some fuel cleaner to a full tank of good gas.(chevron with techron) Sea foam is what I use as a fuel cleaner. Running fuel level low can be bad on a fuel pump. I advise folks to try and never let the level to get below a quarter of a tank without filling it back up.

Not to mention, especially in winter, an empty tank is a perfect collector of condensation, and all that water will sink to the bottom where the fuel pick up is. dandy touched on that..just an elaboration..and when he says 'bad on pump' that's because the fuel cools it. Compliments on an excellent answer dandyoun,

I have a 2002 Saturn SL 3 what noises am I what I hear or what are the issues when your thermostat is going out and you did an intake gasket and spark plugs