What engines are swappable in my 1993 Saturn SL2? Looking for something with more power...

10

Asked by Jul 18, 2015 at 03:07 AM about the 1993 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

Saturns and all GM cars blow boners! Get rid of it ASAP!! UGH! Trade this POS car in, Bubba!! Time for a brand new start!! Room-A-Zoom-Zoom, baby!! July 4th Sales are Sizzlin' HOT and you could be stylin' & profilin' in a new ride with fries on the side!!

241,295

The '93 SL2 used a 1.9L DOHC, the best motor for the saturn line during that time period. The SL1 used a 1.9L SOHC. To swap something totally different in that car, you will be performing some custom work which cost way too $$$$. If you want more HP, sell the car as James suggest and pick up a 2012 Mustang with a 5.0L.

Best Answer
5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_S-Series

20

If you like going fast never buy a mustang. If you want to get a fast car get a sports car, a mustang isn't a sports car its a pony car, it is made for short sprints. They are torquey and the coyote is a beast but but ford still hasn't mastered reliability and the mustang chassis is a dog and poorly built. Without getting the high end chassis which is seriously different from the stock mustangs they have no tuning potential. You'd have a fast car that can't turn. Some guy in a new stang got cocky and felt the need to do a ricer fly by in a straight away because he saw me in a modded miata and when we got to the hills a half mile down the road the power did him no good in the twisties and my little 120hp 1.6 Miata left him in the dust. He put up a valiant fight but the point is if you worry more about the chassis tuning capability than the engines than you will embarass people daily and have more fun doing it. My 600hp ls Miata would murder many much more powerful cars. For you I would recomend an e36 BMW with a stick shift. Find a 325 or 330i and you have a more balanced car, the 328 is a lackluster engine tho it has more power than the 325 it just doesn't make use of it. The 318 is a dog of an engine but will still outhandle most cars. You can find anything but the M3 for between $1500-4000.