Brake Light Issues

Asked by Oct 09, 2011 at 03:17 PM about the 2007 Chrysler Sebring Base

I had the right side brake light go out on my car a few days ago. So today I decide
to check it out and I pull out the bulb and it looks like it is good. So for
troubleshooting purposes I decide to swap the right one with the left one to see if
its the bulb that is actually broken. I do this and now the right one works and the
left one doesn't. So In my head I'm thinking okay, I have a bad bulb and I can just
take it in and get a new one. Well I put the right tail light back together and have
my wife hit the brake's to make sure everything is all good and the right brake
light doesn't work again.

Now I'm like what the hell is going on, so I try swapping bulbs again and swapping
the harness thing that the bulbs are held in and nothing is working now. I'm a little
clueless on whether the bulbs are out or if something is wrong on the car side. I'm
pretty sure the car side is good to go because that would be weird that all of a
sudden both sides don't work. I think I have 2 bad bulbs now. They look okay just
by looking at them though, it is weird.

My question is, Has anyone ever had issues like this before and if so what was the
fix?  

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to replace both bulbs and hope that it works. who
knows. We will see what happens, just though I'd post this up on here to see if
anyone has had similar issues.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

10

My left side brake light just went out on my Sebring too and the bulb is fine. A friend of mine is suggesting an electrical shortage. I'm having a mechanic friend take a look at it sometime this week.

Yes sockets are junk had to replace mine spliced them in solder and shrink wrap works like new

1,175

One can also take a sharp object and use it to go into the socket ( a screwdriver normal end) will work perfectly. It will clean any corrosion that may have built up on it. I works, try it, good luck

I'm gonna have to try does Lil tricks cause my 2001 Chrysler Sebring is doing the samething my passenger corner light dont work and passenger brake light don't wanna turn on ......