I have a 95 camaro with lt1 motor. I had no hot air but my car never got near over heating.. I put in a new heater core and thermostat and it is still blowing cold air... N now it wants to overheat ??

Asked by Feb 21, 2015 at 05:25 PM about the 1995 Chevrolet Camaro Base

Can anybody please help.

18,990

Did you burb all the air out of the cooling system? If you have an air pocket it will overheat.

Not yet I just found the bleeder valve.... But none of the hoses going to heater are hot either I don't know if that matters

18,990

They won't be if you don't get the air out of the system. The entire system (engine, water pump, hoses, radiator, heater core and thermostat) has to circulate. If one or more of the components don't work properly then you have problems. An air pocket will not let the coolant flow throughout the entire system, allowing hot spots(the engine) and cold spots (heater core, radiator n hoses)

OK thanks its getting dark here in pa I will try it first think in the morning... Thanks for tips. I'll keep pushing if I don't get any results from that..... Do I open open that valve or do I need to take rad cap off to?

18,990

Leave the cap off, let the car run and build heat, open the bleeder valve slowly. leave it open until a solid line of coolant is coming out, then close it. Keep an eye on the radiator/overflow bucket keep adding anti-freeze until the car stops taking it. Top it off, put the cap back on, go drive it around close to home for 10-15 min. Keep an eye on the temp gauge. Park the car, let it cool down completely, open the radiator cap and top it and the overflow bucket if needed.

When I start it with rad cap off it wants to push all antifreeze out of radiator??

18,990

http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.htm l#radflush go to this link. Its a great video on how to properly bleed the system. Oh by the way it has 2 bleeders I totally forgot about the second one.

So I will have to open both or just one?

18,990

Just watch the video. Its so much easier to explain this way. Yes you will open both.

I couldn't find a video ...

18,990

Copy and paste the link, in your browser, I sent you a couple hours ago.