2000 s type Jaguar

Asked by Mar 08, 2016 at 09:50 PM about the 2000 Jaguar S-TYPE 3.0

I recently brought a 2000 style jag 3.0 and the fuel
pump went out.  I took it to a shop and now I have
to climb through the boot to get inside the car.  
The key will not unlock the drivers door anymore
and I do not have a remote.  What could be the
issue?

5,715

does this garage normally work an Jaguars? If not why did you take it to them? Worse yet, why did you buy a 16 year old Jag S-Type? Did you do any homework before buying it to see all the complaints are out there on this car? If it worked OK when you took it in for repairs, did you have to climb through the trunk and back seat to get in the car, when you picked it up. what was the shops answer for this happening? Did you talk to the shop owner and complain about it and demand it be fixed before you take it? The only recourse I see is to hire a lawyer to write them a letter and see if you can get them to fix it.

Hi,I'm assuming that you can exit the car from the front door.That being the case and because your can start the car,so the key must be OK.You obviously use the same key to enter the car from the trunk(that's funny!) Do this .Leave the trunk open ,leave the key in the ignition ,engine turned off,exit the car from the front door.Re-enter and exit the car three times with the key still in the ignition.You now have disabled the anti-theft mode.Good Luck.

IN REF TO MY PREVIOUS ANSWER TO Lateka.When leaving the car in the ignition ,make sure the key is turned to position I.On my car ,a 2003 S type,I can unlock by turning the key in the door toward the front ,wait few second and then release .It might work for your car too.Maybe you should try this method first,but you should disable the anti-theft as well .