how to reset e brake module on 2005 jaguar s type

30

Asked by Mar 04, 2015 at 04:38 PM about the 2005 Jaguar S-TYPE 3.0

lights left on battery went dead. aaa jumped start. since then parking brake fault light on.

8,525

To recalibrate it disconnect your battery and leave for 10 Min's. then reconnect and with the ignition on apply the foot brake and whilst keeping applied switch the parking brake on. then release the foot brake turn ignition off - on and the handbrake fault message should be gone and the parking brake should release as you drive off. http://www.fixya.com/cars/t2952870-s_type_jaguar_parking_brake_warning

8,525

IMPORTANT - make sure you have you radio code as you will need this after a battery disconnect.

30

thank you tried this. however light is still on. don't know maybe module is bad. thank you for your input.

10

Disconnecting battery and recalibrate as Crumbob suggested worked for me...

100

When the PARK BRAKE FAULT light comes on the module has detected a problem and stores a trouble code. This code will need to be read with a Jag scan tool. Your problem may be due to low battery voltage, faulty park brake motor, module or possibly broken or binding parking brake cables. What you can do is reset the system. DIsconnect the negative battery cable for 10 minutes. Then reconnect it and start the engine. It will say "Apply park brake" on the messgae center. Pump the brakes then while holding your foot on the brake pedal pull up on the park brake switch handle. This should reset the brake and may rectify the problem. You can find Jagur tools at TechoPro Tools. Source: http://techprotools.blogspot.com/

This took care of the problem. Saved me money on towing fees and mechanic. Thank you very much.

30

Mine is a 2005 S Type sports automatic. I've had the warning message, and the parkbrake stuck on, five times, due to a low battery in cold weather. The first time, a Jaguar agent reset it by fiddling about in the boot for less than a minute. The next four times, (including today) I fixed it myself as follows. Turn off the lights etc. Run the engine for five minutes to charge the battery a little. Switch off the ignition until every warning light goes out. Turn on the ignition again. The parkbrake then works normally, and the warning has gone.

10

Worked for me. Wife's 2006 S Type had "park brake fault" indicator light "on" in parking lot and car would not move. Had her run car for 10 minutes then shut off. Turned back on, problem fixed. Suspect weak and failing battery. Will replace. Thanks much for sharing this tip.

Mate this worked a treat the garage I was in didn't know it great trick.

Just to give people some idea of the economics. When my cold weather method did not work, I replaced the battery, to no avail. I took it to a dealer for diagnosis. Diagnosis cost £95 (but they gave me a free car valet). They said it was the module, and wanted £500 to do it. My own garage got the module for £200, but and his diagnostics would not allow him "into" the module. I had to go back to the dealer to have it reconfigured. Cost another £140. One point to note is that the new module has the same serial number as the original, except for the last letter. Maybe a second hand module off ebay and some fiddling would have done it, but I was pushed for time.

Thanks for the help regarding the park brake, disconnected the battery, waited 10 mins job done :-)

Worked for me here in chicago got extremely cold and started up my jaguar 2005 s type and parking brake default was on screen and this worked just fine thanks by tjr way -13 temp