If the air control panel is on the car drives fine. If it's off the gas is very delayed and the take off is slow. What could be the cause?

Asked by Jul 19, 2015 at 07:57 PM about the 1995 Buick Riviera Supercharged Coupe

Engine n Air condition panel

18,520

Sounds like the Idle Air Control valve or Mass air flow sensor is not working correctly it is not sensing or communicating with the computer so that it can compensate for the control panel being turned off. You can try cleaning it our replacing the part but you can also try some maintenance things that might help. Check air filter and clean throttle body.