95 Buick Riviera will not start

Asked by Jun 20, 2014 at 04:42 PM about the 1995 Buick Riviera Supercharged Coupe FWD

Car has had problems starting before, I would always wait a minute before turning the engine over... but i have had situations where i wourld put the key in right away and it wouldnt start!!!!but I  was able to resolve it...by switching gears and maybe resetting the sensor!! so i purchased a new battery last night and now it wont start at all???lol please help me

1,285

Has there incidents in which the vehicle would shut off while moving? If so, in addition to the problems you have described this appears as if its the ignition switch. The ignition switch is a group of wiring located on the opposite side of the ignition key. Please refer to this site and look at NO.2 in the area of the Steering Column . http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm GOOD LUCK SEMPER FI

1,285

Durham45 Were you able to get going?

Alvin1966.... I have the same problem that u stated in your response. I was thinking that it was fuel related. I changed the pump, filter and I was looking into replacing the rail. How often is it the ignition switch?

1,285

I strongly suggest changing the ignition switch.I also experienced this with a Silverado. Keep in mind I am not referring to the key switch but instead to set of wires leading from the steering column. Please refer to the following. http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm