2006 jeep commander won't start even with jump?

Asked by Apr 09, 2014 at 08:30 AM about the 2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4X4

I had new battery installed 9/2013, any other ideas? Taking it to Auto Zone the have the Alt. checked

I did finally get it jumped started. Hoping it starts again to take to the Auto Zone.

30

Most likely it was flooded (yes, even fuel injected cars can flood) and finally started. Completely dead battery would have nothing to do with not being able to jump start it…the jumper battery in parallel would be sufficient to start and run the engine (unless it was one of those puny cigarette lighter jumpers). If your alternator checks out with a simple solid-state tester (they're about $25 at auto zone and you don't have to remove your alternator no matter what they say!) you're good to go. You might want to check your battery terminals…even with a new battery they might not have cleaned the terminals or tightened them sufficiently…and check your ground strap/cable connections to the frame. If you've been off road a bit they might be corroded.

The problem with jumping is the old jumper cables were faulty. As soon as we used the battery charger-it started right up. Batter terminals look good, but I will check the ground strap/cable. I've never taken the Jeep off the road driving, buts it's been a really wet winter/spring here in Md.

40

Everyone and anyone who is having issues with their Jeep NEEDS to file a complaint with the NHTSA! This is the only way this issue is going to be resolved. We can cry all we want on these forms, but with enough complaints a recall will be issued! I know it sucks because I have all these issues, but PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT! http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResults