VOLVO C70 BATTERY DIED REPLACED NEW BATTERY NOW MISFIRING AND ROUGH IDLING

Asked by Jan 12, 2013 at 05:47 AM about the 2003 Volvo C70 LT Turbo Convertible

Hi recently my battery died, so i went and got a new one gave the company my reg and they supplied me with a new battery. As soon as id fitted it my car was misfiring and rough idling, ive noticed on my old battery reads 70hp on the sticker but the new one reads 72hp, i phoned them up and they told me that the battery would have nothing to do with the problems that have occured, but the car was running fine until i fitted the new battery. please help.? i just dont know what to do :(

72hp? are you sure you are reading that right? Batteries are rated by cranking amperage, or cold cranking amps. Cold cranking amps is a description of how much current a car battery is capable of supplying at a constant 12 volts for 30 seconds at zero degrees ambient temperature, and still be able to provide a usable amount of power afterward...the 72 may be months of warranty, pro rated?? That's 6 years...about right for a good expensive battery. But as fir the misfiring, it's NO coincidence that it suddenly started when you had put in, they may have puled off a spark plug wire, a multitude of things they could have screwed up, and of course they will tell you: "oh, no, we didn't do anything, not us, it's your problem"..my suggestion is have the codes read by AutoZone or someplace that will do it free, then write down the codes and bring them back here, don't take the word of decoding them from the guy at the parts place, one of us here, if not me, there are several fellas that use this forum that will help you decode them, I will, if I see it

Hi thanks for the quick response i have had another look at the battery and the difference is mine reads 70 ah and the new battery i bought reads 72 ah everything else on the label is the same. I made a phone call to the store and they tried to fob me off saying that "all batterys are the same and this wouldnt of made my car run irregularly" which i find to be utter codswalap. Ive put the old battery back on for now and as im driving it sounds a little rough and when i get into 3rd gear it loses power and shudders for a few seconds but then is fine do you think that it could be a spark plug maybe blown out and is store i bought the battery from telling porkies?

hehe all batteries are NOT the same, they are taking you for a fool, I would be insulted

thanks ill be going straight back monday to either change it or get a refund i cant believe they made the mistake as i gave them my reg n everything so there just a joke really i could of gone to halfords but ive had something similiar happened with them where i needed a part n they ordered it in but it was the wrong part so this is twice now that ive been mugged off lol. apart from that have you got any more ideas what could be wrong with my car im guessing that it could either be a ECU problem or its blown something, im thinking of getting it checked out tomorrow i tried today but everywhere was to busy