1991 Volvo smells like gas, should I drive

Asked by Aug 14, 2013 at 12:21 AM about the 1991 Volvo 740 Sedan

NO...stop immediately and find the source~

1971 Volvo 240's were recalled because the vinyl wiring was sub-par starting fires at random...I bought one of these damsels in distress, replaced the entire wiring harness, headgasket leak made this a very special project....for someone else~

If it's dripping with the ignition switched to the on position without the motor running could hear the whoosh of gasoline through the fuel rail, and sweating and dripping would occur, you'd just have to keep your eyes open....this design DOES run the lines where they can get injured from road debris...so is not unheard of that is leaking where you cannot see it....take it to your guy and have him put it on a lift and inspect....the inspection should maybe cost you twenty dollars~

25,805

Definitely NO! Don't drive it! I had this problem on a new (at the time) 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix....turns out the reason I was smelling fuel was because the fuel tank literally separated from the underside of the car and had to be re-attached!! If THAT'S Pontiac's idea of "We Build Excitement", then I'm really happy that they are out of business!!

Stop driving that car now. Find the problem.