My 1987, gle, 740, volvo sedan won't start. When i turn the key it sounds like it's trying to start, but it won't catch, what could be wrong

Asked by Dec 21, 2015 at 12:15 AM about the 1987 Volvo 740 GLE

I have a 87, gle, 740, non-turbo, volvo sedan.  When I turn the key, it acts like
it's trying to start, but it won't start. My friend hit on the fuel tank a couple of
times, he said my fuel pump was gone in the tank. How do you get to the
fuel pump. Any help you can give me will be a big help. I can't afford to go to
a shop right now.

Sure. here is a video describing what you need to do to get back on the road....