Will I need to remove the glovebox to change the cabin air filter?

Asked by Jun 21, 2013 at 01:41 PM about the 2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback

2006 MINI---none show the Glovebox being removed or how this is accomplished or if this
is even needed in the first place...okay how is it done?

210,495

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT-k8nf-OMU

yeah Tom, I've seen that one...that ole' windbag states the obvious, but somehow the glovebox either isn't there anymore or his camera was way down at the floor...he never braced the subject of the glovebox.....aaaaargh~there are three torx bits holding it to a chassis of sorts...need to know more U-tube is fallin' on it's face, my man~

...yes six snap clips, one guy uses a straight blade screwdriver (the British chap....right hand drive...opposite) and most beef the latch down and pull....can't wait....just need to get that horrible stinky feet from a prior rental everytime I engage the A/C in recirc mode out of there~

There are parts of town where the air smells like POOP and you cannot drive through there without holding your breath for a spell to get through that....Sunset Lodge is right in the middle of this collection of rotting Algae that drifts to this corner of Clearlake every year for about three months...tough to get through...it's either POOP or Smelly feet...I aim to fix that...have the filter, but don't want to do un- necessary disassembly as I'm likely to lose fasteners in the dust (it's dusty here)~

Guess I'll have to pay a guy if I'm not certain on the disassembly then~

101,695

Judge you might have already seen this one. He does not remove the glove box. Hope it helps. http://on.aol.com/video/how-to-replace-a- mini-cooper-cabin-air-filter-208498258

Best Answer

thats for a R56 2008 model...thanks for try'n to help though...just have to march out into the sandbox covered with metamorphic rocks and try to lose one of the Torx 15 screws....or not it's freakin' hot today! thanks again dandyoun...gettin' to it....gettin' to it....said the lazy buddha~

101,695

OOPPS. thanks for best answer tho. Even tho I dont deserve it. Hope you get it changed out.

no...it's probably the same...'cept my lazy a$$ cannot get out of this chair and actually do something....this internet JAZZ is tooo much fun~

101,695

know that feeling. Mowed grass all day. Will not leave the A/C anymore today. Leaving for Memphis in the morning. One day turn around. Long A$$ day of driving tomo. Taking wife car so the top will be down and try to just enjoy the driving.

4,155

You do not have to remove the glove box just simple release from the four catches and pull the old one out and put the new on it and put the cover back on. Easily a 5 min job.

I am happy to report that this changed out easier than emptying an ashtray with bubble gum stuck to it~ not five but two minute task~

Just can't thank you enough Robert for your expertise~ gropin' and lookin' like a fool aside this was as easy as pouring yourself a glass of water~

now I find out that it has an UP side...that was never indicated on the replacement~ apparently will not drop onto the tracks if upside down...gonna have to check that one now~