eeh?

Asked by Jun 15, 2013 at 04:06 PM about the 2006 MINI Cooper Hatchback

lens out of place.  Do I try to heat and push back? Do I replace the entire rubber fender?
something is bent?

it was at the US Post Office, the park stops grabbed hold of the front end and would not let go...bend bend bend...snap free, put put a lens out...will not move and threatens to crack if pushed~

tried many times to describe "quarter bumper with lens" and none can find the thing~....help.

...well thanks for nothing fellas....my wife informs me that Mike over at Berkeley Motor Works will replace this for $75-

116,465

Mini got a little to close to that one. They seem to put those things just in the right blind spots for us to hit. Hope you get it fixed.

Best Answer Mark helpful

well just payed the 600 bill to have the CVT oil situation corrected and the waterpump examined....these things have a timing chain...the R50 engine is used by a couple of automobile manufacturers the R52 has a timing belt and is the one used for the cooper S....see you learn something new everyday...I was sure glad to have Robert (the MINI expert) on hand for my environmental filter question...saves me a lot of headache to NOT have to disassemble the dash~

you've got to stay ten feet from a parkstop...period...looks rediculous, but these ole' boys are fragile when it comes to obstructions...had to put a cobalt shield just to survive in Clearlake (home of metamorphic rock and sand as pavement)~

116,465

Glad you got it fixed. To bad about the 600

I got off easy...actual MINI CVT oil is $310/quart...Mike over at Berkeley Motor Works treated this car in an exhaulted fashion, vacuuming all carpeting, cleaning all wheels free of any dirt, and doin' the 26 point 30,000 mile inspection including replacement of any and all defective bulbs...it was like a BRAND NEW buggy when I got it back...felt distinctly like a CRIME to bring it to Clearlake, the land of the dusty...you cannot have it here for 20 minutes before it gets a layer of sand and dust...pollen...bird droppings...really hostile to a little sports car~

still have to do the environmental cabin filter according to Robert is like a five minute job...nothin' to be a'feared of~

this actual rubber fender lens and bulb will be replaced for $75 by Mike at B.M.W.~...next time it goes back down~