How do I remove the Power Streering belt on a 1992 Mazda B2600i 2.5l

Asked by Jun 20, 2012 at 03:41 PM about the 1992 Mazda B-Series Pickup 2 Dr B2600i 4WD Extended Cab SB

I have a 1992 B2600i and am attempting to replace the Alternator belt but can't figure out how to get the
Power Steering belt off... no tensioner pulley and no obvious way to move the Power Steering box.  Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

262,115

I think there is an adjustment bolt on the power steering pump itself, remove that. Then see if you can move the pump to get the belt off. If not then remove the return hose line to give you some more slack, catch any fluid that spills out. Then try again to move the pump to remove the belt and reinstall.

I'm not finding an adjustment bolt... it appears the pump is mounted to the same bracket as the alternator. There are two fixed bolts that attach the pump to the bracket. I have completely loosened the alternator and still don't see any other bolts. Does it make sense that I should have to remove the pump? Thanks for your help!

Here's a pic of the two fixed bolts I mentioned.

20

On a 90 B2600i there is an idler pulley for both the power steering and A.C. if so equipped not unless the previous owner seriously modded it. On the pulley for the A.C.loosen the bolt that the bearing rides on then with a 10mm socket loosen the tension then remove the belt. Next step is the same for the power steering belt. Thereis two bolts on the alternator. On secures the bracket the other is the tensioner. Just make sure that you dont over tightent the belts. It makes the job of removing the belts by taking off the top part of the fan shroud. The poppet buttons will more than likely break so re secure them with zip ties. Good luck!