Mazda B2600I truck owners

20

Asked by May 26, 2016 at 03:29 PM about the 1990 Mazda B-Series Pickup 2 Dr B2600i Extended Cab SB

Okay. We as 2600 owners have all been experiencing bad fuel mileage or other problems with our trucks. I've read that some of you have gone as far as to replace the E.C.M. with no real improvement. However, I have never seen that anybody has checked the on sensor that's right out front on the intake manifold. This little sensor is subjected to a lot of heat and does go out after awhile and can adversely affect fuel mileage drastically. So here are two simple ways to find out if its the sensors that are the culprit or the computer. 1. Get a multi meter and first do a voltage check at the plug. Make sure to disconnect it first so there's no false readings. The acceptable range is 4.8 to 5.4 volts. If this checks out then your computer is fine. This sensor is critical to engine performance. Next. Is you can perform this test either in the truck or out. Set the meter to ohms and see if there is any resistance across the terminals. The warmer the lower the resistance, the cooler the higher the numbers. Oh. and don't be dumb like me. Change your fuel filter every other oil change. Its amazing how well your truck will perform if you do. If after that you are still suffering bad gas mileage, either have your injectors professionally cleaned or if you feel comfortable doing it yourself then have at em. But remember they should not have any pick or any other tool jammed in the injectors. THIS WILL RUIN THEM. There are websites that will show you how to check operation and how to properly clean them. Remember this. They are quit expensive to replace. And if you do remove them be sure to replace all O-rings. And exercise caution when removing the injectors. After awhile the O-rings get hard and brittle and chunks can break off and become lodged into the holes. Good luck!!!!

10

What is "on sensor" that you describe? Do you mean oxygen?