no crank /no power windows/no odometer/dash pretty dark

10

Asked by Jul 17, 2015 at 11:16 PM about the 2002 Volkswagen Passat GLS

2002 Passat 1.8 turbo no crank / no power windows/ no odometer tried to push start no go

10

Battery or altinater

10

battery ok can' check alt. car won't start

9,055

you have no power if a car does not start then the battery is dead or your ground has gone bad. how old is the battery ? battery replacement is easy at the vw dealership they take the old one and give you a brand new one for 128 Canadain

10

Battery is good ,interior lights , exterior lights , radio all work . I even ran a load test . It is not the battery. Checked fuses OK

9,055

ok then its most likely a bad relay, is your dash unit dead as well? such as no lights excetra? alot of hte ingintion programing is installed in the instrument cluster.

10

yes dash is dead

9,055

well that would be where your problem is then If the cluster is dead all the security And ignition systems do not know what to do so nothing happens. Try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes and touch the battery terminals together while both off the battery to fully discharge the system. Once youve done this it should have hard rebooted the computer and possibly have temporarily fixed this issue. The 2002 was notorious on electrical issues. im linking a website for you on recalls and known issues about this model car so it may help trouble shoot your issues when they appear. http://www.carcomplaints.com/Volkswagen/Passat/2002/

10

still no start . checked ccm no problem there everything dry . no power to dash no power to 32 and 34 no power windows. no crank .

10

still no crank no power windows no power to fuses 32 and 34 dash still dark. checked ccm for water damage that and wiring ok.

9,055

hmm. your going to have to have your car looked at by an car electrician then. Most of my forums links that regard dead fuse ports means there is bad, corroded or faulty solder joint some where. between the fuse panel and the computer. the wiring harnesses will have to be unwrapped and looked over theroly

9,055

And if a double careful check or the wireing does not reveal the issue you will most likely have to take apart your dash cluster to find the issue. Did any of your dash ever only partly light or maybe have what looked like partial pixels floating around it garbling the readings?

Someone please help I have a 05 passat 1.8 turbo auto I just put in motor everything is hooked up right fresh oil and new oil filter crank the car up it ran fine I let it run while I clean it up but the check engine light was on then I cut it off and crank it again it runs and cuts right back off over and over I let it sit then it fired up still with check engine light I let it sit and run for about and hour everything good so next morning I go to crank it up it will not start the epc light flashed and check engine light flashed a few times then that was it the car will not start now the epc light doesn't come on anymore or the check engine light at all and also it will not let me put it in drive the Lil foot light by shiftier is on please help I do not wont to take it to shop I like fixing things myself I just can't figure this out

9,055

well start from basics. check fuel air and spark make sure all these are working normal. after that check all the vacuum lines and pcv hoses and valves. once that is all checked move on to the wiring harnesses and negative grounds and check the voltages. when you don't know where to start i always go back to basics. if you find a diagram of the vacuum system and wiring make sure its all hooked up correctly.