My 4wd light don't light up on my dash. Does that mean my 4wd don't work?

Asked by Nov 12, 2012 at 09:17 AM about the 1999 Chevrolet Tracker 2 Dr STD 4WD Convertible

36,225

I'm assuming you're talking about the button light? If that's the case you are correct.

Thanks

36,225

Is it the push button setup? I hadn't originally thought of this but the light itself may be out. A simple test would be to tape a string to the front drive shaft and pull forward and see if it wraps up around the drive shaft. If it doesn't then next step would be to put it in 4wd and pull forward again. If it wraps around the drive shaft then I would have to say the light on the button is burnt out. If it doesn't wrap the second time then the transfer case isn't engaging the front wheels. If it wraps on the first time then you can't do this test without improvising and I wouldn't feel safe recommending anything to further the testing this way. If it does end up being just the light, the only way to fix that would be replace the switch. Replacing the light itself isn't something I would try nor recommend. It is possible though.

845

Its usually the actuator. I will rebuild your actuator or sell you a rebuilt one 1/4 the price of new. 99 - 05 Chevy and Suzuki. But first lets determine if its the problem. troyobe88@gmail.com