VW Jetta 2003 crank, won't start
Hi! VW Jetta 2003, Gas, Manual, 2.0. All of sudden doesn't start- I would say "when the engine is hot". To make it easier what I had done:
- Changed starter, didn't solve the problem
- Brought to electrical check- no problems found
- Mechanic checked clutch, seems fine
What I noticed:
- Car seems to start fine after been parked for some hours (5h for sure or overnight)
- All the lights are on on the panel when trying to start BUT sometimes the battery light seems to not come up
- Rarely seems that the car shuts down for a sec (but not really shuts down, just all lights turn off and once I noticed EPC light went on) when I am driving and pass a bump.
- If it is working, runs well
- It is consuming a huge amount of anti coolant. Like a big bottle per month and I have no idea why!
- when the problem started I got someone to jumpstart and it worked...
I am sorry.. I am a girl and have no idea about cars at all... I really thank you for any help!
I forgot to mention: the mechanic checked the battery, plugs, fuses. nothing wrong. Also plugged the computer at autozone, no codes at all. What in the world is happening? Everytime is more money and nothing gets fixed! Thank you so much!
Search Volkswagen Jetta Questions
Volkswagen Jetta Experts