I hae no tail lights,stumped

Asked by Apr 15, 2013 at 01:57 AM about the 1999 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 LT

I have checked all fuses under hood and inside vehicle.Bulbs are good. Tryed selecter switch n
same problem

Many of the GM trucks have bad circuit boards in the tail lights. Check power into the board and output to the bulbs. Replacements are around $20.

Turn signals working?

Turn signals,brakes,and 4 ways all work. Do maker lights have their ground, maybe under the bumper?

I also changed the cicuit board on right side, had extra from a privious repair

The marker lights are the low wattage filaments on the brake light bulbs. They use the same ground. If the front lights are working, there's a open in the wires to the rear. Broken wire or bad connector.

My suggestion would be to check the tail light relay, I had a similar problem with a camry once, and that was the problem.

Start from the bulbs and check for power and proper grounding. If you have no power to the bulbs and they are not working, move forward. If you get to the c. boards and you have power to them, then replace them. If you don't have power to the board, keep moving towards the power source. It may be a switch or lose wire. Your wiring has had at least 14 years to vibrate and short out. Electricity is like water, it gets leaks and interruptions. Find the leak, fix the problem. The above responses are very good ones to follow also. Do you have power past the fuse? if so, is it after the switch? After the switch and you have power, it is not the switch, but from the fuse to the lights. Quick narrowing of where the problem may be.

Found the problem, the trailor lights module went bad.I removed the wire module, all good on the lights. Thanks for the help. Scott

@Scottarms77 how much did that run you?... It seems like im having the same problem.

@scottsarms77 where is the trailer light module located ? it seems I am having the same problem & how did you fix it ?? did you replace it or remove it arcus337

Mine was easy fix - Had no tail, brake or turns on rear of 1995 Suburban. The 4-way plug-in on factory installed towing package had separated in rough terrain. Luckily was hanging down in sight. Plugged it in & good to go!

On my 98 suburban my tail lights not working

Read the above answers for clues on what to do.

How do you get tail light off

I have same problem. This answer makes sense because my brother in law used it to pull a trailer before they went out. Thanks

Never mine