wipers

5

Asked by Oct 27, 2016 at 08:48 PM about the 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GLX Convertible

ok this is going to sound strange but when you turn the wipers on and its not raining they work fine. it was raining the other day and no go if you got out and moved the arms they would work but stop after a few swipes and it did not make a difference on where you set the wiper switch slow or fast or intermittent. I went out today (not raining) and they work fine I even took a bucket of water and poured water on the windshield and no problem???? this just don't make sense to me any help would be good. ps new motor was put in about a month ago I just got the car last week but got it from someone I know and have the complete maintenance history

66,465

This could be a bad wiper relay or switch that is bad,if motor,s are good.

5

that does not seem to be the problem I did look at the wiper motor and there is a sensor of some sort that was exposed to the rain I tucked it up in the cowl more and it seems to be better we haven't had any real rain as of late so only time will tell.