My volkswagen cabrio will not spray injectors, what can this be??

Asked by Dec 12, 2014 at 12:10 PM about the 1999 Volkswagen Cabrio 2 Dr GL Convertible

I changed the crankshaft censor, I have spark at the plugs, not sure about the fuel pressure how should I check this?
This happened when I replaced the cylinder head gasket, can it be possible I did something wrong?

8,565

If i were you i would go over the engine again and make sure all the plugs are on and connected as this is your most likely culprit and ussaly is.

Hello Sir, Here are a couple details. I changed the head gasket in my garage, started the car parked it outside so it did run for let us say 1,5 minutes. After that the issues began it fired up and stalled in 2 seconds. Never started again!! I changed the ECU, Crankshaft censor and had the distributor tested. But still no luck. I do have spark at the plugs. Q: What is the best way for me to know whether the fuel pump is working at its best? Can it be as I heard rumors about a ring on the crankshaft that gets out of position that the censor would not detect it to read? Out of my head it is a '99 5 speed manual, gasoline. Thanks for helping.

8,565

well a good indication to a fuel issue is its got spark and won't fire up. But i leaning more to a bad part under the hood. when you did the head gasket do you mean you removed the head and did that gasket or was it the head cover?. and best way to figure out if the pump is failed is put your seat down or pull it up in the back depends on where the fuel trap door is located in your vehicle. Mine is located under the trunk carpet behind hte back seat. but yours could be located under it. Open the trap door then turn your key. if you hear the pump turn on then back off to prime the system its fine. if not your pump is toast or has a regulator or voltage issue. the fact the car started for about 5 minutes would tell me it used the fuel in hte lines or what was left in the system and thats why it won't start up again. check the fuel pressure in the lines to make sure it has preasure. oh and as for the ring on the crank shaft yes if you miss installed it it will not allow your car to run but if this were the case the car would not have started at all.