1989 honda accord dx wont start

Asked by Oct 25, 2014 at 10:36 AM about the 1989 Honda Accord DX

i was driving down the road and my 89 shut off on me.  i thought it was out of gas because my float sticks and i pushed it to the gas station and put gas in it still didn't work just changed the main relay didn't work and i just put in a brand new fuel pump and it still wont start.  it acts like it wants to start but wont i need help thank ........ Honda dxdb

66,675

Have you checked the car for fire at a plug?

yes im sparking at the plugs and holding pressure and it has a new battery

66,675

Ok,you have fire,and fuel,and you were driving when it died on you,the only thing that come,s to mind,is it may have jumped timing when it died driving down the road,fuel and fire,need the correct timing to go together,check the timing belt,and or chain.

yea i thought that to but the belt is still good how do i fix or adjust the timing

66,675

Belt may be good,but it,s the belt idler that would cause a jump,get the number one cylinder up,you will have to remove timing cover,there is a timing mark on the crank,and the cam sensor,may be this will help.

i might just have to take it to a mechanic and get rapped on price just for checking it

thanks man im going to go try that

do I need a special tool or kit to do this or is it pretty easy

10

I have a 1989 Honda Accord DX, carbureted, it will start and run for 5 minute then stop running, When I go to restart it it won't until about 60- 90 minutes later. No spark or fuel during the wait. Any ideas? (I have a new fuel relay in ).