alarm keeps going off for no reason

Asked by Jun 26, 2013 at 10:35 AM about the 1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK 230 Sport Supercharged

My alarm will go off for no reason and the lights will keep blinking. What could be the
cause of this??  I did pull out the fuse till I save the money to take to dealer. Any
Thanks :):)

Had this problem on my '98 SLK230. Check the PSE unit in the trunk, passenger side, towards front, behind CD-player. Fairly easy to get to ... just pull the trunk bottom panel out so you can see the spare tire, then it's a few clips I think to get the panel off. You'll see yellow foam insulation around the PSE. Chances are, water has leaked in via the hose, and is INSIDE the PSE module. Wiggle it around to see if water comes out of the corner ... if a lot of water has come out and you've had this problem for a while, like I did, many of the parts in the PSE are rusted and you'll have to replace it ... about 500 to 600 bucks I think for a new one. Good news is, you can disconnect all of the hoses, and the alarm issue will go away. Bad news is, you will lose central locking (including gas access, so you'll have to get that sorted out), alarm, and I think one other thing but non-essential to driving the vehicle.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Rusted PSE

Rusted PSE

If you don't know how to, have a dealer or indie and set the gas access door to permanent unlock until you can get a new PSE.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Richard THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR ANSWERING. I greatly appreciate it. Dode :):):)

Hi my mercedes 53 plate lifts keep flashing and now the alarm just goes off it's doesn't do it all the time just goes off randomly the alarm makes a screeching noise then the alarm goes off please can you help

I was messing around with my alarm system speaker and I shot it out so how now my alarm doesn't want to work open the doors or lights is going crazy my ma said he's been SLK 2005 I cannot find the fuel box that controls the alarm in anybody can help me out

I was trying to change the speaker for my alarm on my Mercedes van 2005 house lk and I shot it out now the car don't want to work at all the alarm system doesn't respond with the keys any way the car has a fuse for the alarm system. Anybody can help me out id be grateful, thank you.