Mercedes, 2006, CLK 350, convertible...need I say more? UGH! #1 (most recent) ESP warning light: When it's raining it feels like I'm driving on ice. What might the repair cost be? #2 Anyone have any feedback on the check engine light on? I know all about the class action lawsuit, etc. etc. but have been driving it for 3+ yrs. Could the ESP warning have anything to do with it?

Asked by Jan 25, 2016 at 03:14 PM about the 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK 350 Convertible

Mercedes, 2006, CLK 350, convertible...need I say more? UGH!  #1 (most
recent) ESP warning light: When it's raining it feels like I'm driving on ice. What
might the repair cost be?  #2 Anyone have any feedback on the check engine
light on?  I know all about the class action lawsuit, etc. etc. but have been
driving it for 3+ yrs. Could the ESP warning have anything to do with it?

60,385

The driving on ice feeling is probably just bad tires. It the tires are worn thin or just hard from age then you need new tires that have a good "wet "rating. If the CEL is on then you need to get the codes read to know what the issue is.

13,555

Tires that are worn or out of alignment or low on air will cause your problem. Go to a reliable tire shop and have them give a safety inspection. Most good one will do it for free. If you are skippable, get one or two other opinions. Too much air will cause a car to hydroplane also. Combined with high speed on highways, it is like driving on ice. Too low will also do the same, as the tires wave and waddle.