Fog lights

Asked by Jan 15, 2013 at 10:10 PM about the 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Coupe

How do you replace the fog light bulbs on a 2000 chevy cavalier Z24?  Thanks

89,755

Get in behind the bulb and turn the bulb holder. The holder pulls out when the tabs and grooves line up.

Do NOT touch the bulb !!! And that sometimes can be a difficult thing to avoid. You can not get oils from your skin on a halogen bulb or it will blow out and they are not cheap as you know. If you need more info let me know, but Tenspeed gave you just the simple answer and that's fine but the most important thing is since you don't know how to remove a bulb then it is obvious you don't know not to touch the glass on the bulb. It may be mentioned on the package or not as they love it when after a few days, a week or immediately you have to come back and buy more bulbs because almost all shops will accuse you of doing what I just said and I don't think there is any warranty because so many people do this simple mistake. I myself have to remove the entire fog light to change the bulbs, reason being that I can not change the bulb while the fog assembly is installed without touching the glass on the bulb and a set that I buy costs about $60. Hope that helps and I am not cracking on Tenspeed but I just have guys ask me all the time why there bulbs keep blown out and more times than not when I ask them to tell me exactly how they installed them and even go out and hand them a set of bulbs that I know are no good just to watch and 9 out of 10 handle the bulb like they were replacing a light bulb in the bathroom, not a worry in the world.

How would you go about removing the fog lights? Thanks

Just got CarGurus auto notification about your fogs, IF you have enough CLEARANCE to replace the bulbs and able to do so without touching the glass on the new halogen bulb, then DON;T remove the who assembly just because I happened to mention something, you may have plenty of clearance on my GS I don't due to an inter-cooler that's in the way and still tight anyhow Did your fogs just go out finally or are you upgrading? Basically though, just go under the bumper find the wire harness to the fog assembly bulb give it a twist, righty tighty; lefty lousy, remember? And it's plastic so it can break easy so just a reminder, get the wiring harness out of the way, and there is no worry of touching a dead bulbs glass, then start looking for the obvious and I will look for some better explanation if you need it, but go out and start by getting your back dirty, LOL good luck and let me know what you see. Oh ya, take a flashlight with you.

By the way is this what your looking at replacing the fogs in?

This is my car, (down to the color), and the fogs didn't came on from the time I got it, but the indicator light on the switch comes on... ...also, I want the fogs to light up bright yellow, Would bulbs do it, or do I have to change the lenses? Out even the whole unit?