Fog Lamp Relay

Asked by Nov 11, 2009 at 08:37 PM about the 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Coupe

Does anyone know the location of the Fog Lamp relay in a 2001 Z24 Cavalier? My fog lights stopped working and the fuse is good so I need to find the relay to check it out next.

165

I believe its in the underhood fuse box. If youre standing in front of the car, it should be to your left.

I checked there and the only fuse box under the hood is on the drivers side fender-well top. No Fog Lamp fuses or relays in that one. Still looking.

165

hmmm.... thats weird. the only other thing i can think of is maybe its got an in-line relay. i cant remember if they had their own power source

75

check under the steering wheel column from inside the car. its most likely by the flasher unit, for your turn signals. itill be a tight sqeeze on ur coupe, considering its not and suv, sorry. go inside the car, look under the steering wheel closest 2 the left part of the floorpan. right by the brake or clutch pedal. pull out the carpet pieces and any lower dash pieces as well. prob need a wrench for the bolts on the dash pieces. after this is done youll see the relay for your fog lights. its a little tiny box like fuse. just pull it out and exchange it at a retail store 4 a new 1. looking at about 15.00's in spendings.