okay, i have an oil leak on my neon srt-4 and i can't find it. i can smell it when i turn off the car and i lose a lot of oil i always have to refill it. should i pay a mechanic to find it and fix it or should i just rebuild the engine at 117+ miles for an 03

Asked by Aug 14, 2013 at 02:23 AM about the 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4 Dr Turbo Sedan

Do you have white/blueish smoke coming from tailpipe? If not. clean the engine as well as possible, spray "Gunk" or some solvent on the engine and wipe with a rag. NO pressure spray at car wash, that can get in to critical electronics, I know you won't get it all but after cleaning as well as you can run the car and watch, losing that much oil you might be able to see it leak. And do a compression check on all cylinders. I know, that is not easy but much cheaper than a rebuilt engine.

Chris McGee

if you can smell it chances are its leaking from either the oil pressure sender, valve cover gasket, and or pray to god that the turbo isn't in hailing it,

Chris McGee

have you ever done a timing belt to it yet? can also be a cam seal or crank seal leaking behind the timing cover if it is repair asap to prevent belt breaking and valve to piston contact