i have a 2001 cavalier.i was driving and went to pass someone and the speed cut back then i got by them and drove alittle farther and the car shut down then i had hard time startting it and keeping it

Asked by Jun 10, 2014 at 11:24 AM about the 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier LS

going it wouldn't build up speed and cut out again then i pulled over to side of road and it was like the battery was drainned tried jump start from another car but didn't work.so i got aride to go get new battery .so i tride that and didn't work the starter started to smoke so i went ant got a new starter then it start for little bit ran down road speed wasn't good yet and then it stalls out again.so i go by anew alternator.then it starts and idles  for a bit then it stall out try starting can't keep running.now i have tride startting and its like the battery is dead and some clicking noise from starter thats it .i need some help on this please i can figure out whats wrong.

64,365

I think it may be your starter shorting out.If It is bad it will short out and you will lose fire to all. Good luck with it.