I have something to state: I've asked How to bypass the Anti Theft system in my car. The responses I am receiving are becoming rude. I'm not trying to steal my own car. The car doesn't start anymore. It almost turns over but doesn't stay start. Instead of having to replace the Fuel Pump I was trying to reset the Anti Theft System. I asked how to by pass the system and am being accused of trying to steal cars. If I had the money to take it to the dealer, I would!!! I can't seem to reset it if that is why it is not starting. So ya thanks for judgments!?m

Asked by May 12, 2017 at 07:25 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Base

I wanted to by pass / reset the Anti Theft System to see if it
would start, before I have to replace the Fuel Pump. All I have
received is snide comments and accusations of stealing cars.

76,735

I will put it this way. What would you say if I posted a question on how to break into homes and bypass the security system?

254,375

We deal with questions from people from all over the world and backgrounds, so it's hard to gauge on who is being truthful and not. It's the nature of using the internet and not face to face. So I will ask, is the anti theft light on? Did you check for fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gauge yet? That way you would know if in fact it was the fuel pump or the regulator.

254,375

BTW: you can't override the anti theft system, but you can run a procedure on reseting the pass lock system....http://passlock.bloggstar.com/reset-passlock-vats/

76,735

Call an automotive locksmith and explain your situation. Provide them with proof of ownership and maybe they can help you.

I have had same problem for 4 years and cant find anything for my wife's car. We tried to put a remote starter in it for Christmas and messed up the little black wires. People that know wont help so dont waste time trying. Who the hells going to steal an old 96 cavalier smh. So it sits because I cant afford to put $600(estimate to look at an auto repair shop) into a car that Im not sure is worth $500

76,735

And that is why I do not recommend those aftermarket systems. Since you know what wires are "messed up", fix them.