Hello I have a 2001 chevy cavalier and yesterday morning I tried to start my car and turned over the key and it did absolutely nothing. There was no clicking or winding noises only noise I heard was my fuel pump kicking on. All my lights are working normal and so is my radio. I tried jumping it just to make sure it wasn't an issue with my battery but it still wouldn't start. What could be the problem?

Asked by Jul 18, 2013 at 02:41 PM about the 2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Base Coupe

Hello I have a 2001 chevy cavalier and yesterday morning I tried to start my car and turned over the key and it did absolutely nothing.  There was no clicking or winding noises only noise I heard was my fuel pump kicking on.  All my lights are working normal and so is my radio.  I tried jumping it just to make sure it wasn't an issue with my battery but it still wouldn't start.  What could be the problem? I tried jumping it twice and nothing happened.

685

I would check the ignition switch. There is a rod going from your key switch to the ignition switch located on the steering column. A new ignition switch is relatively inexpensive at Auto Zone or Oreilly's. Good luck.