Overheating 2002 Chevy Venture,

Asked by Jun 04, 2016 at 04:56 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Venture LS Extended

Both fans coming on, just replaced thermostat but when we get to the approx
2-3 mile mark it starts to overheat.  Could it be air or ECU?  This is also a
wheelchair accessible van.

12,615

Not enough info to diagnose. How long has it been overheating and why did you change the thermostat? Did you give the engine, and transmission information? How many miles on it? Has the water pump be changed? Have it read for codes, even if the check engine light is NOT on the computer will have stored information and codes. Discount auto stores will read codes for no fee. write them down.

Hello, I just bought a 2002 chevy venture van and it is overheating. I have replaced the thermastat 3 times, put new water pump. I had the cooling system flushed. I am so frustrated. It worked fine for 2 days after each thermastat change. When it overheats the antifreeze goes to overflow and then i have to pop the red lift thing on radiator cap. Oh yea 2 new ones on that also. Now not only overheating but my gas gauge says full but at an idle about 5 to 10 mins. It goes to empty. But if I drive it it stays at full. Don't know how much gas is really there. Oh yea I put that head gasket repair stuff in also after the first thermastat. Help please. I don't have any money thats why i am trying it my self. Paid 150. For the first thermastat and 250. For the water pump. Bought the thermastat wrench and did everything else myself. Thank you for any and all suggestions. FEMALE