2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac AC speed 4 not working.

Asked by Jun 12, 2016 at 06:16 PM about the 2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLS Crew Cab

I've replaced the resistor, the blower motor,
and the face plate with the switches on the
dash. My AC will run on speeds 1-3 but as
soon as I turn it to 4 it shuts off completely,
what gives? I'm pissing my money away at
this rate :-( the connector that's usually
corroded was perfectly fine so is the
overall wiring harness bad???? What could
it be?? Please help

So both resistors have been replaced? The one next to the blower (left side) behind the glove compartment. Next, the rotational switch is the other resistor 1,2,3,4, Unplug the electrical harness connector at the motor use a multimeter and read voltage as you check the resistor setting...see if there voltage at setting "4"..Regards

I was not aware of a second resistor behind the glove box, I checked for one but was unable to locate it then found one inside the engine compartment under the right side of the blower motor. I replaced that one. If there is one behind the glove box can you give me a better location like look at success and such then so many inches this way or whatever. There's a 6-8 wore plug I think to the left side behind the glove box but I doesn't look like it plugs into a resistor.

Such and such**. Not success

Left side of blower, unhook the door tabs let it hang down use a good light you'll find it.... It has 2 8mm hex bolts that are diagonal from each other. You will have to unplug it and move the wire aside. There will be another cluster of wires in your way for the top bolt they have a body pin/clip that you can just pull them out and away and when you are done replacing your resistor push back in.....

I looked 20 times couldn't find another one but here's what I did do. I thought about following the cable that plugs into the new resistor I installed under the god but the other end to the cable right. Well that led me to a small box about two inches by 6 inches long and the two clips that hold it look rusted a little. I pop the cover off and there's a fan relay in there: Ford part #: F0AB-14B192-AA AutoZone part #: Duralast 19273 When I removed said relay and attempted to use the Ac speeds 1-4 didn't work at all now so when I put it back in 1-3 works again but not 4 so I ordered a new relay that I'm picking up tomorrow and hopefully that will solve these issues.... I will keep you posted. My explorer is the sport Trac edition with the truck bed so it may vary from the regular explorer models. Santech MT0532

Under the hood*. Not god

Excellent, let me know it speed 4, operates after it's changed out.sounds like a 5 pin Relay?partially FAILED, good find!

Best Answer Mark helpful

Yep I changed it for 16$ and it works on 1-4 now perfectly so basically I got a new Ac system minus the compressor lmao! That relay way bad!

#4 stopped working again, maybe the entire wiring harness is bad?