I have a 1995 4x4 f350 powerstroke with a e4od and it wont go forward but it goes in reverse. Any help please??

35

Asked by Sep 14, 2016 at 02:17 PM about the 1995 Ford F-350 4 Dr XLT 4WD Crew Cab LB

I have a 95 7.3 powerstroke i got about 2 months ago. i drove it home with
low fluid and i didn't know. it started slipping and it wasn't going very fast. i
stopped at a parts store and picked up fluid. it drove fine to my house and
reverse wasn't working right. i let it sit over night and everything worked fine
so i drove it a couple miles and drive went completely out but reverse
worked. i ended up replacing the transmission with a e4od from a 97 that
was just rebuilt. i bought a torque converter off of the internet for 300 and i
think thats the problem now but I'm not sure. but when i replaced the
transmission I drove it for 4 days and then on the way to school it started
jerking like the u joints were bad. so i got it to school and parked it and it
didn't want to go forward. yesterday i replaced a icp sensor and tried
everything out just in case it was possible and if i feathered the gas for a
little its like it caught and it drove but if i let off of the gas it would slip and
not shift. my reverse works fine and it only does it in drive. Any help is
appreciated.

930

If reverse works fine. I don't thinks it is the torque converter. If it was the converter. I would think you would have a problem their as well. You need to test the pressures of transmission with a pressure gauge in each gear. It sounds like it has an internal leak in the valve body or something to do with the pressure for forward gears.

35

i dont understand how that could be the problem if it was just rebuilt and where could i find a gauge for that?

35

this is the second transmission and it did the same thing so i dont understand how that would happen

930

Well I have been a trans rebuilder for 20 years now. I have seen rebuilt transmission have problems because the builder made a simple mistake. If I was working on it. This is where I would start. You can tell a lot for the pressures

Best Answer
35

alright, thanks. Do you know what kind of pressure i should get?

930

Reverse. Should have 240-265 Over drive. Drive 2nd. 156-174 First will be. 161-186. All in PSI