s500 wont start but lights come on

Asked by Mar 11, 2013 at 12:49 PM about the 2001 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S 500

are they bright? perhaps you're suffering from low-voltage at the battery.

Yes lights are bright.when I put the key in to crank my car it dont make no noise no even clicking noise its not the starter because it dont make any noise the horn blows and tge radio come on. My automatic air suspension dont even come on to raise my car up its like my 2001 benz s class is a low rider its sitting so low want raise the air suspension is not coming on thats why I think its a fuse help please?????

Did you ever figure out the problem? My car is doing the exact same thing.I was reading that on some models if the cigarette lighter fuse goes out then the car for some reason won't start.

...well yahoo keeps directing me to a coil pack set~...how are the igntion coils? are we getting power to them? http://compare.ebay.com/like/151042679765? var=lv<yp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

you haven't got an ignition relay or automatic shut down relay...is the ignition switch okay?

dodgy, but maybe this schematic will help us~

If car will nor start, one of three things, first the keys...if the batteries where changed make sure the batteries are the right thickness, the wrong thick size batteries can push laser down and can not be read...batteries should slide in easily and remote should function normally... If remote work fine and car will not start take out batteries in remote and start car...cam shaft positioning sensor $110 or Crank positioning sensor $36...if check engine light is on replace both and clean carbon our of the entire engine and pipes...$100 plus tax, I hope this helps...

I have 2002 s500 beanz and I bot a new key had it programed because I lost my other key but now my car wont start light come on bright. But it says compute please wait on my dash board since I got the new key please help me with advice

I power wased the motor and the my car wont start m s500 any help

Shari_stoker, you are a genius. It was the front cigarette lighter fuse that was the cause for the starter not engaging. Changed the fuse and the car started right away. THANKS

I had the same issue, so I found a7.5 fuse on the right fuse box blown. I changed it and jumped the battery and it worked! But now 3 days later is doing the same thing but the fuses don't look blown and the battery is charged.?