1990 560 sel will not start. Not getting fuel to engine

Asked by Sep 06, 2007 at 02:44 AM about the 1990 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class 4 Dr 560SEL Sedan

I have a 1990 560 sel. Vehicle  wil not start now. Not getting fuel to engine. I pour gas into intake and it will run. Fuel pumps or relay fuse need replacing??

14,145

Hi gregburg1, This could be your fuel pump, fuel filter or fuel regulator. I would also check (just to be sure) that you don't have any "crimped" fuel lines between the tank and the fuel rail. Good luck!

250

Fuel pump or fuel pump relay-crank engine,see if pump buzzes.If pump inop,see if current comes.if no juice,relay faulty(common problem)

155

Definitely sounds like the fuel pump or relay. Unless you have very high mileage or you have been putting crapy gas in it, i would put my money on the relay. Either way it is not to hard to fix.

95

Can you hear the fuel pump running - by right hand side rear wheel? if yes, change fuel filter adjacent to pump, if not check relay- square black box approx 60mm by 30mm right hand side engine bay close to fire wall. Come back with your findings and we'll help further...

120

my 5600 has same problem ive changed pump relay and gas comes out of regulator but still wont start