My Self Leveling Suspension will not raise up.

365

Asked by Nov 17, 2013 at 02:32 PM about the 1989 Mercedes-Benz 560-Class 560SEC Coupe

My SLS will not raise up. It is not
leaking it has the oil. What else could
be wrong? Shocks maybe?

And it is real bouncy when I go over
speed bumps

1,695

The 560sec has two hydraulic pumps/cylinders in the rear that work on air pressure and hydraulic fluid. Usually the symptom is a stiffening of the suspension as the chambers fill with fluid. In your case, there may be an issue with the hoses applying the needed pressure. These are tricky systems, so whether you use a dealer or an independent, try to find someone who was working on these things when they were new - or you'll be paying them to learn.

Thanks alot. I still have yet to find some one like that. Hopefully I will fix it soon enough.