1991 mercedes benz 420 sel wont start after it sits over night. If I jump it its fine.

15

Asked by Mar 09, 2014 at 01:12 AM about the 1991 Mercedes-Benz 420-Class 4 Dr 420SEL Sedan

32,835

One of 2 things come to mind. 1) the battery is dying. 2) there's a short circuit and its drainage power from the battery. Try disconnecting the battery at night and try starting it in the morning. Just make sure you have the radio code if you have the factory radio. Other wise the radio won't work on till you get it. The W126 was a great car. Loved mine.

Best Answer
15

Well thanks so much. so what is a radio code Do I need to request it, is it in the car some were? Because it doesn't work.

32,835

Do you have the factory owners manuel? It's in there usually in the Radio Information Manual or on a separate card. Or maybe a previous owner wrote it down some place. I its a 5 number I think. The numbers correspond with the station memory selection buttons. If all else fails. Call your local friendly Mercedes-Benz dealer. Have your VIN number when you do. And ask if they can look your radio code for you.

32,835

BTW those radios were notorious for breaking. Is the radio flashing " CODE?"