1991 420 SEL won't start

Asked by Dec 13, 2011 at 09:40 AM about the 1991 Mercedes-Benz 420-Class 4 Dr 420SEL Sedan

I turn the key nothing happens but I do here a click on the left side. I took the starter out and had it checked and it check fine. I then turned the key on, touched the starter bolts with a screwdriver and the car started (should have done this first). Any ideas?  

185

Ignition Coil.

125

starter solinoid, the electrical switch was bypassed when you touched it with the screw driver.

185

Ahh, what'd it run you to have it fixed?

125

whatever the cost of a new solinoid, and maybe an hour of work at a shop, even though it might only take a few minutes to swap out, shops usually charge for the first hour anyway.